A modern person is subject to physical inactivity, the effect of a polluted atmosphere and the use of dozens of harmful food additives does not add to health. As a result, his immune system weakens and he becomes more prone to infections that wait at every turn. More than 20% of the world's population is infected with dermatomycosis or fungal infections. The feet are particularly affected. Medicine successfully treats such a disease, but due to certain circumstances, many people prefer treatment on their own. Think about how and how to deal with foot fungus at home.
Varieties of fungal infection on the feet
The appearance of fungus on the feet is an infection of the epidermis (outer layer of the skin) of the transgenic zone of the feet and the nail plates, with the possible spread of tiny fungi along the body. Defeat can be caused by:
- yeast fungi
But generally, this disease is called dermatomycosis.
The visible signs of a fungus depend on which strain it causes. Types of fungi:
- Onychomycosis - with this disease, the nail plates are affected and progress in different ways. In the first case, the nails change color, break and thicken. With atrophy, the nail plate is completely destroyed and the skin beneath it hardens.
- With scaly fungus, the skin becomes red and begins to itch, peeling occurs, the condition turns into a painful itch.
- The malignant form of the fungus is characterized by the formation of water bubbles up to 5 mm in diameter, which, gradually merging with each other, form ulcers.
- Intertrigue fungus is the most common type of fungus that occurs in the form of cracks in the skin between the fingers, often closer to the little finger. It is characterized by intense itching.
What are the causes of foot fungus?
- Many healthy people try to stay in shape. They visit fitness clubs, beaches, swimming pools and saunas, where fungal organisms multiply rapidly in a warm environment. Fungal infections usually occur in these public places.
- When the family uses common household shoes, towels, bath mats and showers, as well as toiletries. A carrier of the fungus can infect an entire family.
- Weakened immunity contributes to the spread of foot fungus in the elderly. Statistics show that men are more likely to be infected with the fungus.
- Indiscriminate use of drugs (glucocorticosteroids, immunosuppressants, antibacterials, cytostatics) is also the cause of the risk of developing fungal infections of the feet.
- Fungal infection of the feet is possible due to occupational factors. The infection is more likely to affect landmines, people involved in the metallurgical industry, the military, and staff serving baths, saunas and sports complexes.
- The human way of life and the presence of chronic diseases such as diabetes, vascular and physical diseases, endocrine disorders (especially excessive sweating), osteoarthritis, overweight.
- Cuts and micro-alloys on the skin, corns and calluses on the legs, hallux valgus.
- Adverse ecological situation.
The fungus on the feet usually grows in several periods:
- The incubation stage depends on the state of the human immune system. The stronger it is, the later the signs of foot fungus will appear.
- The period following the incubation period is characterized by reddening of the skin, itching and micro-alloys. Swelling of the feet is sometimes observed. At this stage, the development of the infection can be stopped with simple, even folk remedies.
- In the third stage, the disease turns into a more dangerous form: the skin peels off, large lesions form, the skin gradually begins to peel. The cracks deepen, causing tangible pain. Nail plates are deformed. Starting from this period, the treatment will be complicated and prolonged.
- The chronic form of the fungus is fraught with frequent relapses and can last for several years. If the fungus starts to this extent, you should consult a doctor immediately to avoid the irreversible consequences of the disease.
How To Cure Foot Fungus At Home
Only after performing specialized diagnostics (fragments, strain examination, microscopy) can a specialist prescribe effective means to combat foot fungus. In addition to drug treatment against the fungus, folk remedies can also be used.
There are many ways to get rid of foot fungus at home. Their advantage is an affordable price and a minimum of contraindications. But even harmless folk remedies should be used in conjunction with necessary medications in consultation with the doctor.
The most effective antifungal agents
There are various dosage forms for the fungus in the form of tablets, suppositories, creams, ointments and suspensions, sprays and lotions with fungicidal properties that inhibit the growth of bacteria. These funds can quickly remove the fungus from the affected skin if the disease is in its early stages.
Usually, in the complex treatment of foot fungal infections, the following means are used:
- tablets for foot fungus.
- antifungal ointment, which is applied 2 times a day to sore throats.
In addition to medication, there is an innovative method of treating the fungus - a method of material that quickly eliminates the symptoms of sore throat, but does not guarantee that there will be no recurrence.
In addition to the main treatment, the treatment of foot fungus with folk remedies is used. There are many methods to deal with such a problem at home: these are all kinds of baths, compresses and anti-fungal masks based on natural substances.
Among them, the most effective for the treatment of fungi are the following:
- A solution of potassium permanganate. It is recommended to steam your feet in a warm bath before going to bed and then wrap them in gauze soaked in such a solution and leave them overnight.
- Baths with sea salt content at a rate of 1. 5 tablespoons. large. per liter of water.
- Copper sulfate. With this, you can deal with foot fungus like this: fry 1 tsp. of this substance in a pan until white and then mix with the same amount of yellow sulfur and goose fat. Mix the ingredients well and spread the resulting ointment on the feet in a warm form in a thin layer. Rinse after 40 minutes.
- Applying vinegar to get rid of the fungus is the fastest way to get rid of the problem. Among its types (apple, wine), the most effective is the simple 9% vinegar, which is diluted with water in a ratio of 1 to 8, used as a slightly hot bath 4-5 times a day for 2-3 days.
- It will help treat foot fungus and soda. Apply to the affected areas of the feet and keep for 20 minutes and then rinse. You can also mix baking soda and salt and apply in a similar way on your feet.
- A compress of the feet with peroxide solution will help cure the fungus. To do this, you must first steam your feet in a bath of hot water. Then prepare a solution of 1 liter of water with 1 teaspoon. soda and 2 tbsp. large. peroxide, soak the gauze and wrap your feet in it. Soak for an hour and then rinse.
- Onion recipes will help address the problem. Grate 2 large onions on a coarse grater, squeeze the juice from the resulting grate, apply on feet. Wait until it is absorbed, wear socks and leave it on overnight, and wash your feet in the morning. Similarly, it acts on the fungus and garlic juice.
- Use fungus celandine effectively. Its juice (5 drops) is mixed with half a teaspoon of calendula alcohol tincture and 5 drops of oregano juice, as well as a teaspoon of fresh water. The resulting mixture is used to treat the affected areas of the feet without rinsing.
Rules of care and hygiene
By using medicated compresses and foot fungus baths at home along with prescription drugs, you can get rid of it fairly quickly. Special foot care should also be applied to maintain the condition of the skin during this period and also to promote recovery.
Wear disposable gloves on your hands before treating the affected areas of the feet and nails with a fungal infection.
Shoes should be treated with special agents (vinegar and mustard powder are also suitable). If possible, it should be replaced with products made from natural materials. After any wear, shoes should be taken out on the balcony for ventilation. If it gets wet, make sure it dries completely, change the soles more often.
During fungal infections, you should not visit swimming pools, saunas, beaches, use someone else's shoes, slippers, towels, so as not to infect other members of the family with the fungus. After recovery, it is recommended to get rid of old socks and replace the soles of the shoes, as well as to treat them with vinegar. This also applies to rubber mats in the bathroom. This is done to kill the fungal spores that can recur or infect other people's feet.
Prevention of recurrence and recurrence
To prevent the recurrence of feet with fungal infection and to get rid of it permanently, special attention should be paid to foot hygiene. To do this, you need to remember a few simple rules:
- Wear only your own shoes and clothes.
- choose shoes made of natural materials.
- Do not let your feet steam on the shoes.
- Wash your feet regularly, preferably in the morning, before going to bed and after coming off the road.
- Watch the shoes: dry them from the inside, treat them regularly with special deodorants.
- maintain immunity.
The feet require regular care and attention. Any discomfort in the legs and external changes in their area should be a reason to visit a specialist.